Spring and Summer are often the highlights of the year- make them fun and memorable by checking out these quick safety tips!
1. Limit your consumption of alcohol. It’s okay to enjoy a few brews with your buddies (assuming you are of age), but play it safe when it comes to the number of drinks you consume. Stay hydrated by drinking a glass of water for every beer or mixed drink, and make a plan ahead of time to ensure you have a sober driver. You should also avoid drinking if you are in a hot tub, and NEVER leave your drink unattended.
2. Plan for Success. Be prepared when it comes to planning. Are vaccinations required? Do you have any dietary restrictions to consider? If you take medications, do you have enough for the trip?
3. Protect your eyes. If you wear contact lenses, make sure to bring an extra pair and pack plenty of contact solution in addition to glasses. Remove contacts before swimming and before going to bed to reduce the risk of serious eye infections.
4. Protect yourself from the sun. Basking in the sun is tempting after enduring a cold winter. Be sure to lather up in sunscreen (minimum of SPF 15) to protect your skin from premature aging, changes in skin texture, and skin cancer. Stay safe and stylin’ in wraparound sunglasses that provide UV ray protection.
5. Don't forget your meds! Whether you are taking prescription medications or over-the-counter products for your ailments, be sure to take what you need with you. It's also a good idea to pack for the unexpected (items for nausea, diarrhea, and headaches are always a good place to start).
Please feel free to contact us for any questions you may have.